Monday 9 April 2012

Japanese bicycle

Something I wanted to update for quite a while is a short entry about the bike I'm using. As I mentioned before, did Machis Dad lent his more than 20 years old racing bike to me. I just needed to fix the tires and it was rolling again. It could be that my awareness of racing bikes on the road got stronger; however, I noticed that compared to 3 years ago more racing (likish) bikes are going around. The different to the one I'm riding is the gears! I'm really proud to ride a bike with a "clutch" so simple and ingenious that everyone has to get jealous (^.-)!

The gear I was just talking about
 It's fun riding it, but because of the condition of some streets and walking ways I can not really go faster than with my old Mama-shari (Japanese bicycle). However, I can accelerate faster than before. The whole bike looks like that:

Machis Dads bike!

A common Japanese bike looks more like the ones grandmas or mums who only ride their bike for transportation purposes, such as this one:
Tomorrow evening will be a Hanami-Party with the Lab (研究室). I'm busy at the moment with my project and job hunting (for next year April). Beside this do I want to attend a Business Japanese Test in late June and desperately need to do something for that. So basically I'm working from 8-22 at the moment. My hope is that I will become less busy at around autumn. Let's see (^.^). But don't worry - my spirit is high and I'm happy to be here. I try to keep my weekends free to do small trips and keep you up about Japanese culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment