Monday 23 April 2012

Geocaching in Okayama

It's been just a month since I've left Germany and started to settle again in Okayama. One of my favourite games whenever I wanted take a rest from work or just went outside for a walk with Machi was to find small hidden objects, so called geocaches, as you might remember from my previous posts from Australia.

This game is not very popular in Japan, at least not in Okayama. They're some caches around Tokyo and Osaka and even one in Saidaiji, but only one in Okayama and a couple around it. Nothing is hidden in a walk-able distance. So one of my hobbies now is to hide caches in places I like to stay in Okayama. So far Handayama and the University is marked as well as the Dojo where I try to shoot as often as I can, which isn't much recently. However, it's quite fun to hide them and to think about new locations. Two of them are traditional caches, but I don't really want to make so many traditionals. The one at Uni is a mystery cache, my first one, but so far no one has found it. I hope to get the game a bit popular while I'm staying in Okayama.

Thomas, a good friend from America stays at the moment with me. Japan is his first place ion a long journey around the northern hemisphere. He might be in Germany in June.

Korean food with (left) Yuki, Johannes, Thomas, Stefanie and me.

With Thomas and Sten out for Sushi!

Thats Purikura - get your eyes bigger and some extre make-up! I look even more like a girl because of the automatic Photoshop software! But it's a good souvenir for Thomas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment